Saturday, November 18, 2006

Warshing up


Here is a photo of State Street, this morning, after the waters went down. The water was easily 3 feet high, if it was an inch. The park was completely flooded. It was also exactly where the dogs wanted to walk this morning.

After our tromp through the muddy sewage water, we all jumped into the shower.


Well, not literally.

But I did have to do three emergency dog baths this morning. And it was not all that fun...


Well, there are more knitting things here today. First, I have hopped on the Mason Dixon Knit A Long Warshrag wagon. I have posted my first rag for the world to see.

And look ma!!! No felting!!!

I feel so wrong.


The next projects came from, or at least were inspired by Cat Bordhi's Second Treasury of Magical Knitting.

They are supposed to be little covers for pairs of needles. In my case, they are thicker and wider, and they became cases for all my double pointed needles... they are great!

(Aw, shucks, I don't have the other circular needle case photographed yet.... soon! I promise!)

Anyway, these are the little cases. In my favorite Paton's wool. All of my dpns go in these three! Even the chubby, 4 inch #15s!!

The little red spiral one is my fave. But they are all great.

The technique is pretty simple. The yellow one was done with a double strand on thick #15 needles, and went quickly. 1 1/2 hours, and I am slow. Then you make a square, sew one side, felt it. Then while it's damp, twist it... same for the little one. The green was done on dpns, and was knitted in the round. It was a bit diffult, but not too bad....

Ok guys. here it comes...

The next post....
The you know what....

***DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!!!***

No comments: