Saturday, October 27, 2007

You light up my life...

So here is my newest little knitting thing -a felted bowl- made with Noro Kureyon leftovers. I don't know why this came out like a cylinder. I mean, it's a felted mug, more than a bowl. It's not watertight, like the infamous felted bag that held water, so I will pour my coffee in a ceramic mug for now.




But, on the other hand, it makes a nice felted candle cover. I mean, what home is complete without a felted candle cover?


Now, what the heck is up with Ravelry.com? This is what it says about my status...

You signed up on October 21, 2007
You are #47035 on the list.
11171 people are ahead of you in line.
2403 people are behind you in line.
70% of the list has been invited so far

Eleven thousand people AHEAD of me? This website better be friggin amazing. I mean, I want it to not just host images, but also host cocktail parties and weekend galas! I mean, for this kind of wait and anticipation, it better make me wanna roll over and have a cigarette. At least it better buy me dinner and a movie.

I'm not easy, you know.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Well, I signed up & mainly forgot it, but ravelry is pretty cool.

Claire said...

What I meant to write above was that I had nearly forgotten about signing up for ravelry by the time I finally got on it, but it is quite good.
Also, your felted candleholder looks great!

hakucho said...

I love your felted candle cozy! That's a great way to use up leftovers and it really looks nice. You'll love ravelry. It really is worth the wait! The invites are coming much quicker now...it won't be long :)

happy knitting :)

Dearest Cupcake said...

You'll be raveling in no time! Nice candle cozy!